UI-Integrate Self-Service Instructions
Step-by-step instructions for using the new UI-Integrate Self-Service system are available through the links or PDF listed below.
Download UI-Integrate Self-Service Instructions
IMPORTANT: Before using UI-Integrate Self-Service for the first time, you must obtain your Enterprise ID. If you have already used Financial Aid or Student Accounts on the new system, you have already established your Enterprise ID and password. Otherwise, see "ID & Password Help" below for setting up your ID.
ID & Password Help
Security information from CITES (Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services):
- Network ID (NetID): what it is and how it is used
- Passwords: using effective passwords, changing passwords, etc.
First-time users must follow the steps below to obtain Enterprise IDs and Enterprise ID passwords before logging in to UI-Integrate Self-Service to register. If you have used the new Financial Aid system, you have already established your Enterprise ID and password.
- Log in to obtain your Enterprise ID and Enterprise Password
- Access the Enterprise Password Reset page.
- Log in using your Campus NetID (in your email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, "xxxxx" is your NetID) and NetID password. All UIUC students are assigned NetIDs and passwords when they are admitted to the University.
- Choose a new Enterprise Password
- After logging in, choose a new Enterprise password following the criteria outlined on the Enterprise Password Reset page (see link above).
You are now ready to register!
Listed below are some key words and terms you will encounter when using UI-Integrate Self-Service.
Course Reference Number (CRN)
A system-generated five-digit number that uniquely identifies a section.
Expected Graduation Date
The Expected Graduation Date is used to indicate the number of semesters a student has to complete a degree.
A hold prevents certain student activity such as registration or graduation, or the release of transcripts and grade reports.
List of Values (LOV)
A LOV window lists the values you can choose for a field. The values have been defined in a validation form as acceptable for this field. LOV windows display when you double-click a blue field or when you select List from the Help menu.
A Time Ticket displays the date-and-time timeframes during which a student may register.
Office of the Registrar
Admissions and Records Building
901 W. Illinois Street, Suite 140
Urbana, IL 61801
UI-Integrate Self-Service Questions
Help with UI-Integrate Self-Service is available at the Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS) Service Desk, phone: 217-333-3102, e-mail: email@example.com, and at the HELP link located in the top right corner of most screens in the system.